National Geographic Learning first approached me about developing a general English course series based around National Geographic content in 2009. Working closely with co-authors Paul Dummett and Helen Stephenson, we completed a new six-level series called Life in 2012. It quickly became a globally popular course.
Less than five years later, we were updating and developing a second edition of Life, based up feedback from many supportive teachers and learners around the world. So far the response to the new second edition has been very positive. The new edition has allowed us to include:
- new and updated content, including original National Geographic video as well as our own video content.
- greater focus on personalization with new ’My Life’ speaking tasks
- extended grammar practice at the back of the student books
- integration of critical thinking activities throughout the course
- a focus on memory skills making further use of Life‘s images and content.
For much more information on the series click here.